We define engagement as measurable interaction on social media posts, including likes, comments, favourites, retweets, shares, and reactions.
Give us a call today : 01142 05450
Social Media Engagement Rates
Introduction to Engagement Rates
Engagement rate is calculated based on all these interactions divided by total follower count. This lets you get a pretty good idea of what people are doing on your page and what posts are raking in the viewers.
This plays a major part in running a social media page for your website and keeping an affinity with your followers.
Are your posts performing well?
Furthermore, events that are held do not have to be a chat amongst business owners, a product reveal can be a great out of the box approach to addressing the customers who are actually anticipating the release. The possibilities are endless; charities holding events can raise money to a much larger extent than a regular social media post could ever!
How to increase engagement
- Be more active – By replying to comments, posting with relevant and original images and following other brands that offer similar products or services, you will find more people acting with your business than before.
- Quality over quantity – Although this may seem contradictory to the above point, some industries perform better with less content. From our own experimentation, we have found that posting daily is unnecessary and instead is causing our followers to lose interest. Hence why we have changed our schedule and started posting more meaningful, informative but also fun content.
- Schedule in advance to save time – There are many different scheduling platforms available that offer an easy and reliable way to schedule your posts in advance. Some also offer built in analytics features!
- Use more than one platform – The type of content that performs the best differs from platform to platform. We recommend experimenting until you find the one that works best for your business and industry. You may also discover a whole other section of your target audience that you were previously missing.
- Visual Content is key – Most people don’t want to read huge blocks of text. Photos and videos tend to perform better as they are visually more engaging and interesting. Either have the bulk of the information in a video format, or use a relevant picture to sum up the text used in the post.